Sunday, August 26, 2007

Danny Pamuk

I met Danny Pamuk at Pueblo To People's warehouse location on Montrose Boulevard at West Gray in Houston during the early 90's. Danny was a happy-go lucky artist - living in the Heights neighborhood of Houston as a modern blacksmith artist creating metal works like the one pictured >>>>>>>>>>>>>over "dere">. Danny was a guru-like figure for me during a period of my life when organized religion could not fill that emotional gap. I needed a life experienced Buddha with a resume void of miracles and historical text. A Buddha who resided in the present and drank Olympia beer not micro-brewed "look at what I'm drinking" beer. Danny was accessible with no tithing and public displays of devotion. Yes God lives next door to you and is your unemployed uncle that looks like Greg Allman and teaches when school is out for summer and can't even reach the chalkboard.

No comments: