Friday, August 3, 2007

Coffee

The first time I sipped coffee was probably under the supervision of my mother & father and was coffee loaded with sugar and creamer. I remember the energy rush that came along with it and liked the increased energy level. I remember in my late teenage years drinking coffee in the morning. The true coffee days came when I discovered whole bean coffee ground the moment before brewing. At that time I was working for Pueblo To People an organisation that imported goods from Central America. Coffee was naturally a popular product in the mail-order catalog this business produced.I became hooked and enjoyed dark roast coffees eventually moving along to espresso and cappuccino. Presently I have returned to the mundane blends that populate the grocery store shelves. From time to time I will go to a local book store and enjoy coffee of high quality. The only item that I add to coffee these days is milk. Milk softens the bitterness and balances the flavor by my opinion. Check out the link below and order some of the coffee this group offers. The producers are paid a fair price for their product so be prepared to open your wallet wider. Starbucks does not pay a fairer price I am sure.
www.equalexchange.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great memory and post! I remember working there and not being able to drink the coffee at first because it seemed too strong. I also miss good coffee and hope we can head out for some soon.